Sunday, December 21, 2008

Peace out, Pune

For those of you not familiar with the nature of my project, let me start off by saying that the posts prior to my volunteer work phase in Kathmandu are not necessarily pertinent to the project. Rather, I am using this blog as a medium to communicate with friends and family my experiences abroad. However, in the sense that my thoughts and emotions play a crucial role in the development of my research, I suppose they are relevant. At any rate, to the story..

Nate-dawg and I arrived in Delhi about six days ago. After being conned into staying at a hotel for four hours in Delhi by a drunk taxi driver and his comrade (known simply as "Ricky"), we headed to Mumbai. From there we traveled directly to Ahmednagar and the Meher Pilgrim Retreat. After three nights there, we headed to Pune for a brief two day stay (More details on all of this to come later). As for now I think I will be concluding this post, as I am receiving several, somewhat menacing stares from some anxious patrons at this here internet salon. More to come, soon.

No comments: